Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TONIGHTS DINNER WAS.........yummy.



Tonight I needed some good and easy comfort food.  Let me emphasise here.....EASY.   This is a take on a pampered chef recipe from a few years ago.  I changed it around a bit to meet my needs.  My children have always liked this...even with the veggies.  Go figure.

Philly CheeseSteak Roll

1 tube of Pillsbury Pizza Crust
1 container of sliced roast beef lunchmeat
1 package of provolone cheese slices.  (I bought the smoked flavor.)
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 white onion, chopped  (however much you like...I think I used about half)
1/2 stick of butter or olive oil  (whatever your preference)
Italian Seasoning
egg white..whisked

Melt the butter and add the onion & green pepper.  Saute until both are clear.
Roll out the crust onto an edged cookie sheet.
Spread the vegetables.
Put a layer of beef slices on top.
Add a cheese layer.
Roll it up lengthwise and seal shut.
I like to brush on an egg white and a few shakes of Italian seasoning.

Bake at 375* for about 25 minutes or until golden.

*depending on what kind of baking sheet you may have to use a spray of non-stick.















No comments:

Post a Comment