Thursday, January 2, 2014

Black Eyed Dip….A new year with a new tradition.









Typically, every New Years I have to make Texas Cavier.  It is delicious and I crave it often.   It contains black eyed peas.  Those little guys are a must on New Years Day.   I have to thank the lovely M.M. for getting me hooked on making it.  (Hey…M.M.  I have missed talking to you!!)

I had every intention of making it this year…… until I saw this recipe on Ree's site.  I noticed that cheese was involved.  She had me at "cheese" friends.   You can count me in for just about anything that involves cheese.   Cheese is like bacon…….it just makes the world a better place.









Black-Eyed Dip

1 can of Black-eyed peas, drained and mushed a little bit
1/4  onion, diced
1/4 cup sour cream
8 slices of jalapeños, or more if you love them like I do
1 cup  cheddar cheese, shredded
3 Tablespoons salsa
hot sauce to taste

Mix together & bake @ 350 for about 25 minutes.  Serve with scoop chips.


Note: if you are planning on feeding a crowd…..double this.


And one last thought…. smear the cold remains on a cracker the next day for breakfast.  Delish!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I changed my New Year's meal from pork chops or roast to Bratwurst instead because nobody ate it. Maybe they will eat the peas if I make a yummy dish like this. Now, any ideas for the sauerkraut? Pork, kraut and blackeyes peas - the three good luck must haves, not that it has EVER made a hoot of difference! haha

    ReplyDelete