Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Basic BROWNIES!!!




For several years  I have purchased  a box of Duncan Hines Fudgy Brownies and added a half cup of chocolate chips to the recipe.  It is delicious.   I have iced it with peanut butter frosting, layered them up and made them even better with oreos and cookie dough, a sprinkling of powdered sugar.  Whatever, your heart desires.   There are dozens of ways to accessorize a brownie.   

 This recipe is way more cost effective.  A box of brownies is about 2.00. Even though that isn't a lot of money........it does cost more  if I drive to Target and try to only purchase the mix.  We all know what happens when a girl goes to Target for one thing!

Just mix up the dry stuff and keep it in a ziploc for emergencies.  Keep a few mixes on hand for an emergency..............the occasional dinner guest or dessert night at church.  This is good thing.  I will never buy that box again.  I promise.

** (p.s....  I occasionally put about a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in the mix. )


**Don't forget to date the ziploc and write down the needed wet ingredients & cooking instructions on the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment