Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It worked!! Amazingly Easy Caramels.

Like the majority of stay at home moms these days......  I have been spending a small portion my day wasting time on Pinterest.  Yes, I am willing to admit that it is "kinda-sorta" a big waste of my day.   But, it has more potential for doing good around the house than Facebook does!!!   I love to peruse the outfits that are put together and dream of wearing them and, of course,  I always look amazing.  (Don't forget this is my day-dream.)   I love to look at all of the projects I could make and pictures I could take.  Who doesn't right??  And don't let me forget all of the decorating ideas that I pinned on my Holiday board.  This brings me to all the cooking ideas.......WOW!   This place really lets me channel my inner Martha Stewart.....just without all of the embezzling.    Now Bedazzling........  that is a whole other story.  BRING ON THE GLITTER BABY!!!!!


Let me get back to that cooking stuff.  I found this recipe for making caramels in the microwave.  I needed to justify my love for Pinterest.  I had about 6 minutes to spare and all the necessary ingredients.  This stuff blew me away with the easy factor.   It might be amazing to layer it in some brownies or  bar cookie.   Maybe some apple pie????   The yum factor here is above a 10!!!   I might be giving this stuff as gifts to teachers and friends.  


Here goes....


1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

Combine that together in a microwavable dish.  (I used a large batter bowl.)
Heat for 6 minutes and stir every 2 minutes.

Stir again and pour into a lightly greased dish.

Let cool and cut into pieces and wrap individually into wax paper squares.  I wonder if parchment paper would be better?





Enjoy......  Merry Christmas!  From me and Pinterest.

1 comment:

  1. You haven't invited me to Pintrest yet! I wanna play. Did these taste as good as they look?

    ReplyDelete