Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Diet Sabotage.....with oatmeal raisin cookies!



To those of you that know my husband.......he has a weakness for oatmeal cookies.  These are his drug of choice.   I can't admit to making them for the purpose of diet sabotage.   But, in the event that he is/was trying to watch his sugar/carb/crap intake and in the event that he was being annoying today......  I can't publicly admit to making these cookies for that purpose.  That would make me the bad guy.  I can't have that title swinging above my head.

What I will admit is that our lovely daughter, C.G. is coming home tonight with her current boyfriend who happens to be allergic to chocolate.   We really like this particular boy, R.S.   So, I made the cookies for him?  Yes, that is what I will say.  Yes, I will run with that.  Yes, that sounds good.  Well, that and I made them for the cute little boy sneaking one off of the plate.   He needs to beef up for football.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 small drizzle of molasses....(optional)

Mix all that together.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oatmeal, old fashioned & uncooked

Mix all that together & slowly add to the other stuff.

1 cup raisins.

Add the raisins.

Bake at 350* for about 10-12 minutes.

I took this recipe from a box of quaker oatmeal several years ago.  Why re-invent the wheel?



Now, tomorrow I might make him his second favorite cookie, snickerdoodles.   The guy was really annoying this afternoon.   I wonder if he is doing this on purpose to get cookies?  Could he be that twisted?  

FYI.........  these are great for breakfast too!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment