Monday, August 6, 2012

A most amazing Chocolate protein smoothie!





ok...  so I know most of you that read this post will immediately gag on the thought of this.  I am challenging you to put on your big girl panties now.   Yes, I mean you, R.B.  We are going to make the most delicious creamy chocolate shake ever.  Well, maybe not quite as yummy as one made with a gallon of Blue Bell.  But, it will have all kinds of rich & healthy chocolate goodness and with the added hint of peanut butter or banana.  I have been drinking this for breakfast lately.  I think I have lost a couple of pounds or so.  It is super easy and fills me up for the entire morning or evening.  It gives a healthy-needed chocolate fix too!!



Here is what you need............

1/2 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup egg beaters
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons splenda or more if you need it sweeter  (do not forget to add this!!!)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup crushed ice
a tiny pinch of cinnamon (optional)
optional ......... 1/2 of a frozen banana and/or  a tablespoon of peanut butter/PB2.

Yes, you read that right........cottage cheese & egg beaters.  Stop gagging R.B.  Don't let the children see what you are getting this out!!!  Trust me here.  2 of my 3 children won't get close to this now that they know about the cottage cheese & fake eggs.  The 3rd child......she loves it.  Well, she'll eat anything.......a prune is one of her favorite snacks.  Go figure that one!

I like to layer all the stuff in there and get it all blended well together before I add the ice at the end.  It just works out better that way.  If you don't have a really good ice crusher with your refrigerator.....I think that a bag of sonic ice would be an easy alternative to keep in the freezer.  (Well, and it would be a good reason to run to Happy Hour too!)

This is also a very good reason to run over to Williams Sonoma or Costco and buy yourself a vitamixer.    I can't get enough of mine.....  It will liquify anything into a smoothie.



Yes, she needs to wash it.....




















No comments:

Post a Comment