Friday, March 13, 2015

Tomato Soup has changed my life.

 All my life I have thought that tomato soup was yucky and tasted metallic.  Yea,  I was raised to think that canned was the only way to get tomato soup.    And why should I order tomato soup at a restaurant when I don't like it?   My dear husband thinks it is amazing.  Canned, that is.

Hey, Mrs. CS......make this!!!! You will like it.  Get out your giant Le Crueset!!!


WELL....... We were watching an episode of PW and she was making it.   It looked easy.   I was hungry.  He said that he would go to the grocery store.  Ok, yea baby........  I'll make that.   Can you pick up a loaf of french bread too?  And a gallon of milk?




Tomato Soup

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 large carrots, finely diced
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, pressed
   *( these really need to be finely diced.....food processor?)

2 tablespoons tomato paste

3 large cans whole tomatoes, the 28 oz size
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons parsley
1 cup water

Saute the top 5 ingredients.  Add the tomato paste and cook another 3 minutes.
Add the remaining and boil.  Reduce heat and simmer another 20 minutes or so.  
You really want the vegetables tender.

Get out your immersion blender and puree until smooth.  

Add..   1/2 cup whipping cream 
            2 tablespoons basil, chopped
            salt & pepper to taste

Simmer another 5 minutes.





  
                                             






No comments:

Post a Comment