Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hot Chocolate.......Our All Time Favorite.



So........Is this making you thirsty for a small taste of comfort???   It is 90 degrees outside and I am feeling it....  We make this on a daily basis during the winter.  My children are spoiled to this kind of goodness.  Some might call it "Crack in a Cup"   All I know is that it is WAY better than anything the Swiss Miss can dish out...............

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
a small amount of cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups water
1 (13 oz) can of Evaporated Milk
2 cups skim milk

Stir the first three things together and mix with the water.  Heat to boiling. Add the milks and cool until heated.  Serve with Marshmallows and peppermint sticks, if desired.



Did I mention that we also make our own marshmallows now????   People need therapy for that kind of goodness all poured into a cup.    (I will post that recipe later.)

2 comments:

  1. I think that kind of goodness IS the therapy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are sharing your "family secret" recipe. I LOVE this hot chocolate. I may just have to turn the air conditioner down really cold and enjoy some. You know how foods bring back good memories, this one brings back great WHS percussion competition memories. Fun times. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete