Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Crisis...........

Just one bite.......?

The other night I heard on the news that the prices of peanut butter were going to triple at the end of the week.  This bothered me.   Immensely!   Yes, some people are concerned about national debt & the next election.   Others are concerned about preservatives in our food.  What got me was the simple fact that we were almost out of peanut butter........well, that and I needed to mail my daughter her retainer.  Immmediately, I drove over to  WallyWorld and bought 8 brand-spankin- new jars of Jif.  (Yeah, Choosy Mothers Choose Jif.)   Seriously, 8 jars.  One of them is still rolling around inside the mini-van.....  

I immediately whipped up a big batch of p.b. cookies for  Miss C.   We all know that college girls need fresh home-made cookies to share around the dorm.  I found this recipe online at another site and modified just a little.   Some people might say I  "kicked them up a notch."  These little babies are called....   "Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Madness".  The recipe makes an ever-lovin' ton of cookies....and they mailed really well after I wrapped them individually in saran wrap and laid inside an air filled ziplock bag.  Here is the recipe...........


3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 sticks butter, room temp.
6 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons Vanilla
2 Whole eggs
1 bag of Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 bag of Semi -sweet chips

Combine it all at bake at 375* for about 10 minutes if you are using a stone  like I do...Enjoy!!
But try to make them smaller...they are amazingly rich and it will help justify that second cookie.

Maybe I should make another peanut butter run?????





No comments:

Post a Comment