Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chicken & Veggie Marinade

I found this recipe in a magazine a few summers ago.  I am not sure what kind of magazine it was.  But I know it wasn't one of those subscriptions I pay for yearly.
This recipe just does something incredible to grilled chicken.....

1/3 cup grapefruit juice... (Orange juice can be subbed here.)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 package of good seasons dry italian dressing mix ( It comes in a box with 4 packages.)

Combine all that together and let the chicken marinade in this for an hour or two.  I just throw it all in a large ziploc and rotate around every so often.   (This can also be thrown all in a bag and frozen for up to 3 months.)
.....or just brush on veggies and grill.

If you are familiar with SaltGrass steakhouse....  This tastes like the marinade they use on their poultry & vegetables.  Try it and tell me what you think!





I didn't brush it on the pineapples here.  I just cut it up and threw on the grill.  Grilled pineapple is amazing.  Try it.  You can use either a fresh one or just buy a can of rings.  Either way, it is good!


I always grill extra chicken.  It makes a great chicken salad.  Chop it all up with one of the pineapple slices.  Add some mayo and toasted pecans and whatever else you want in your salad...Amazing Stuff there.




No comments:

Post a Comment