Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

In my efforts to keep it simple tomorrow....I streamlined dessert for our family celebration!!!    I found it this morning in an email from the Queen of Southern cooking........Yep, Paula Deen, herself.  That woman sure can dream up some good stuff.  It looks good.  It was easy.  It definitely has a freaking ton of calories.   My husband should love it.  I shall love the simple fact that it is done.

Here it is folks.......                               "Frozen Banana Splits"

This was super simple to do.  The hardest part was slicing the bananas!
You will need:

a box of regular size ice cream sandwiches
6 sliced bananas
a jar of hot fudge
a jar of maraschino cherries, drained
a bag of Toffee bits, halved
a jar of butterscotch topping
a tub of coolwhip

line a glass 13 x 9 baking dish with heavy duty aluminum foil.  Layer the stuff in the given order.  Top it off with the remaining 1/2 of toffee bits.  Keep in the freezer and make sure it has been refrozen for at least 4 hours. Pull it out of the freezer and slice.  

Paula originally added another layer of sandwiches between the butterscotch and the coolwhip....I didn't simply because my pan wasn't thick enough.   :(

I will tell you tomorrow about how yummy it was!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment