Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Last week.............

Last week was all about the girls.  I loaded my darling daughters in the van and we headed to the beach.  My friend J.G. met us there.  We enjoyed 3 glorious days beachside.  Three days filled with girl talk.  Three days of bliss.  Would you like to meet J.G.???  Here is a recent pic.  She is on the right.  That is me on the left......


J.G. has a beautiful 15 year old daughter.  One of her many talents is pedicures.  She has a fondness for giving french manicures.  I was the first to line up when we arrived.  You just gotta love that child.!!!!!    (***smooches to M.G.***)

This brings me back to J.G........  She has a fondness to cook.  She inspires me to try harder in the kitchen.  Let me tell you what she did last week.  She caught a ton of crabs!  She wrestled them down and steamed them to perfection.   I was in charge of finding the shrimp.........she drove me to the market.  "Cause that is how I roll.  Here is the final result..................

Yep, we did a shrimp & crab boil!!!!!   It was pretty simple......aside from crab-wrangling.  Go buy a steamer at your local Wally-World.  They are about 21.00.   FInd some smaller red potatoes, some corn and a box of Old Bay.  Steam it all up.........and BAM!



P.S.......don't forget to add that classy black plastic garbage bag table cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment