Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I am still drinking those skinny latte's!!!!

I figure it is about time I shared my concoction.   This is nothing short of amazing.  I will give full credit to "Pioneer Woman".  She is my go-to gal for inspiration and a daily dose of a good distraction.  It isn't like I need another distraction in my life........but at least I can blame someone other than my children.


"Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte"

1 gallon of water
1 cup of ground coffee
mix those two together and let sit covered for at least 8 hours.

Strain with a sieve that has been covered with cheesecloth.
Chill.  Literally...you are done.

When you are ready to mix your drink.....add whatever amount of coffee you like.  Top off the glass with cold milk, half & half and a small amount of vanilla coffee flavoring.  You could also add some splenda or a small teaspoon of sugar if you need some extra sweet.   
Don't forget to add ice-cubes to the glass first.  It totally makes the difference. (Just trust me here!!)
Pioneer Woman said that you could also add sweetened condensed milk......I haven't been that brave yet.
Keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator.  This is supposed to keep for about a month.  I have been drinking this for 4 days and it still tastes fresh.  I have about enough for tomorrow.  I'm thinking that I will never know about how long it will really stay fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment