Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Better than EVER Christmas Cake


Friends....  Let me just say that when December 1 rolls around I start dreaming in peppermint.  It really doesn't matter what form it is in.  I prefer it paired with chocolate.  I will drink it.  I will eat it.  I will snack on it.  It doesn't matter.......I just want it.  When I saw this recipe I knew immediately that it was a keeper.  It tastes like a Girl Scout Thin Mint.  YUM!  It tastes like a York Peppermint Patty.  YUM!  It tastes like those crazy good mints at Olive Garden.  YUM! YUM! Yum!




I think the oreos could be swapped for Girl Scout Cookies.  I think a few crushed soft peppermints would be good crumbled on top also.  



Ingredients
  • 1 chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to the directions on the box.
  • 1 cup peppermint dairy creamer
  • 14.5 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 jar Smuckers hot fudge sundae sauce
  • 1/4 cup peppermint dairy creamer
  • 1 cup crushed Oreos
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • Andes Peppermint Chips for topping (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
  • Crushed Oreos for topping (approximately 1 cup)

Instructions
  1. Once the cake has cool, use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke 20+ holes in the cake.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of the peppermint dairy creamer. Pour over the cake, trying to fill in the holes.
  3. In the same bowl, whisk together the hot fudge sundae sauce and 1/4 cup peppermint dairy creamer. Mix in 1 cup crushed Oreos.
  4. Pour and spread the fudge mixture over the cake as evenly as possible.
  5. Spread the cool whip over the fudge. Sprinkle on the Andes candy bits and crushed Oreos (as much or as little as you want).
  6. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, until the sweetened condensed mixture has soaked into the cake and it's thoroughly chilled. Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment