Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions & Reality



As the year 2012 draws to an end I suppose it is time to make some resolutions.  Here goes......

I will work out every morning at 5:30.
I will keep my house cleaner.
I will sweep daily.
I will vaccuum & dust daily.
I will walk the dog daily.
I will clean my glasses.
I will write letters...to all my  friends.  Everyone loves mail.
I will eat less junk food.
I will listen.
I will drink less Diet Dr. Pepper.
I will drink more water.
I will cook a good meal every day.
I will eat more salads & vegetables.
I will vaccuum & wash my car on Sunday Afternoons.
I will recycle more.
I will watch less television.
I will finish projects.
I will buy a lotto ticket.
I will win the lottery?
I will take more pictures.
I will budget more and spend less money on crap.
I will volunteer more.
I will stop wasting time on stupid time-wasters.
I will run a marathon.
I will blog daily.
I will try new things.
I will pray.
I will pray without ceasing.
I will take long breaths and relax more.
I will smile more.
I will give up all my bad habits.
I will make new friends.
I will forget & forgive.
I will read my Bible more.
I will read my Bible daily.
I will be more helpful to others.
I will learn a new skill.
I will make something from pinterest weekly.
I will hug my children more often.
I will stay more organized.
I will clip coupons.
I will give blood.
I will use up all the food in my pantry and freezer before I shop for groceries.
I will be a better person.
I will floss my teeth after every meal.
I will fold all the laundry and put it away immediately.
I will clean out my closets.
I will lose weight.
I will
I will
I will
I will
I will
I will
I will be thankful for my reality.

Many friends of mine  have been hit hard with reality this year.  Some have lost family members.  Some have been hit hardest with the word..."Cancer."  Other friends have gone through divorce, addictions, job loss or various other horrible-life-changing reality checks....all of which suck.

My challenge to all this year is to be thankful.  There is always someone around the corner who may have it worse.  Go out there friends and be Thankful.  Go out there and make the best out of every situation you are in.  Whatever it is.........do it.  Go out there.  Find some way to improve yourself.  Find some way to be thankful.

Take a class.
Learn a skill.
Join a Bible Study.
Volunteer.
Give.
Pray.
Stop complaining.
Improve.
I will.








Happy New Year Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment