Monday, January 16, 2012

Edna Mae is in the house.

In a previous post, I mentioned that Ree Drummond should be my bff.  She inspires me daily....despite the fact that we have never met.  OK, she is on my bucket list.  Someday, I will meet her and we will hang out on her porch, drink iced coffee and watch the sunset. We will play with our cameras and catch up on local gossip.   I will also bring my daughter, M.G.  She will want to ride the horses.  My husband & the Marlbaro Man will build fences and drive cattle somewhere.  At the end of the day.......we will sleep at the lodge and make plans for Thanksgiving.  The other kids will play, ride and act like goof-balls.    


Ree introduced me to Edna Mae this past Christmas.  We love her....immensely. Unfortunately, I can't cross Ree off my list yet....  Santa just brought me her book.






Edna Mae's Sour Cream Pancakes
1cup sour cream
7 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
a smidge of cinnamon


Mix that all together and cook on a buttered griddle.  Be prepared to mix up another batch. These won't last long.  They kind of taste like a funnel cake.   BTW.....  get out the maple syrup for these.  Save the Jemima for Jack!!!!  (Hungry Jack)








(isn't this guy cute.....  that little freckle on his cheek makes him pinchable!)
C.G. is my syrup-snob.  His sister bought him maple syrup for Christmas.



Maybe I should make him more pancakes now???





No comments:

Post a Comment