Friday, January 27, 2012

Blueberry Muffins.

It seems like  I have been making these muffins since the dawn of time.  In truth, the recipe is in a book that was given to me by my friend R.B. This book is called  "Lone Star Legacy".  She gave me this book when we moved from Texas the first time.  This equates to about 15 years of muffins.  I tweaked the recipe just a little.  Emeril would say that I gave it some "BAM!"  Either way, my husband loves them because they aren't too sweet and the flavor totally relies on the blueberries.  My 3 children love them....as evidenced by this picture.  Sorry ladies, but this boy is mine...



The guy will cross his eyes on command when he wants to be annoying.  It is a talent of his.  Some kids are musically gifted and some are athletic.  My "PRECIOUS" can cross his eyes at will.  He can also rotate them in opposite directions...... now that takes skill.  I can brag that all my children possess this talent.  Can money be made with this talent?  College Scholarships?  Employment opportunities?  Anyone?

Back to the Blueberry Muffins....You gotta make these.  They are so much better than the box mixes.  They are simple.  They are blueberry.  Love .....

2 cups flour
1/2 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup milk- I use skim milk.
1/3 cup canola oil or applesauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
sugar, for garnish (turbinado sugar really looks pretty if you have it!)

Combine the dry ingredients with the blueberries.
Combine the wet ingredients and stir into the dry.
Sprinkle with the sugar.

Bake @ 400 for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy!  Your family will thank me & you for this!  I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment