Sunday, September 9, 2012

Celebrating.............






It was National Smores Day!  We had to celebrate.  What self-respecting-blogging-mom wouldn't celebrate?  Most especially when that particular mom LOVES s'mores and that certain mom had allowed the girls to invite their friends over.  This is the ever-so-lovely C.S.  She is a keeper.  I love it when little Miss C.S. is in the house.  She is the child of the man-who-shall-remain-nameless.  I can't even put his initials up.......This is a Family Blog.  Secretly, we do like the guy.  We just can't let him know this.  He doesn't need any more power or self-esteem.

We made marshmallows.  We toasted them over the gas cooktop and made a really BIG mess!!!!!
We mixed them up with vanilla ice-cream and made the best-est ever S'Mores Ice cream Shakes. 

(Just add a toasted marshmallow or 2, some mini chocolate chips with some vanilla ice-cream and a splash of milk.  Blend it all together.  Add some whipped topping on top and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs!!)  You will thank me later for this ....

This is the recipe I use for the marshmallows.  Don't be intimidated here...it is really easy! 
 I PROMISE!!!!!



You pretty much know the drill on the rest....I like to think of my blog reading friends as intelligent...So I won't bore you with details on how to properly burn marshmallow's and how to properly sandwich a s'more.  I will beg you to not purchase inferior chocolate.  Run get some Hershey's, Ghirardelli  or Godiva bars........... something that is good......not generic or low-grade.  
These marshmallows deserve better!

No comments:

Post a Comment