Saturday, August 20, 2011

For R.G.........Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies


I have been baking brownies with no icing for years.   My children love them.  My husband has never complained.  They aren't spoiled.  I have always used a box of Duncan Hines and added some chocolate chips.  It truly hasn't been a big deal.  BUT.....  I found this icing recipe recently on another food blog and it instantly reminded me of the Elementary School Cafeteria and a kind of brownie they made.   We all know that comfort food is a must.  Anything that brings a smile and a feeling of coming home is always a good thing.  BUT enough of these guys and you have a totally new reason to come home...."BIGGER Pants"
Yes, these little babies are beautiful.  Yes, these little babies are awesome.  Yes, these are definitely not on the W.W. list of anything under 20 points a serving.  But yes, I bet you have everything in the pantry to make these guys!!!  Score!

Quick....run get a box of your favorite brownie mix.  I prefer the cheap plain kind.  Make them as directed and add about a third a bag of chocolate chips!     Let them cool down for a bit when finished baking.    Now that was easy.......

The harder part begins....  but isn't that difficult... I PROMISE!!!!

1 1/2 cup sugar
7 Tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons shortening  (yes...just do it.  I know that is gross-looking stuff)
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix all of that together in a saucepan.  Bring to a rolling boil and stir constantly.  Boil for 2 minutes and stop.

Add :
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of peanut butter

Stir this until it is all melted and pour over brownies.    Try to stay away long enough for this mad-ness  to settle in and get comfortable on top.  (yeah, leaving these alone is the hardest part.)  Go ahead and lick out the pan now...I promise not to judge.

NOTE....  if you are planning on making these to take somewhere...Go ahead and cut into individual servings.  It just looks nicer on a platter.  It is an amazing treat that everyone will love.  I guarantee this will be THE HOTTEST dessert on the potluck table.   I also guarantee you will travel home with an empty tray.   Maybe you should go ahead and make up another batch for the family now.  Have a good day my friends.........  Hugs to all in the blog world!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment