Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Today...

I must admit to feeling guilty.  I have been found guilty of complaining, guilty of whining, guilty of not seeing the bigger picture.  I was dreading the day to come.  The big picture is that my life could be so much worse.  A breeze flew by at that time and I noticed the current temp was 89' .    I have air conditioning.   I have ice cubes and running water.   I have a fabulous home completely decked with furniture and belongings.   I have a car which runs and we "lovingly" refer to it as the "GREY CAVE".   All of my 3 children are completely healthy and well mannered.  They all have a strong faith in the Lord and will grow up to be successful adults.  My husband is a hard working man with convictions about what is right and wrong.  He is also compassionate and faithful.  

Yet, this morning I sat in my chair on the patio feeling the dread of another hot day.  Yea, it should be about 110' by this afternoon.  I fear to wonder what the humidity level will be......no doubt it will be higher.  Yet, those thoughts started.  Funny thing,  a song came to my mind right about then.  It was an old song that I most likely heard at VBS when I was a child.  
"This is the day.
This is the day.  
This is the day that the Lord has made.  
That the Lord has made.
I will rejoice.
I will rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it."


Yep, things could be worse.  But they're not.  I am blessed.  My life is pretty good.  My life is complete.  




No comments:

Post a Comment